Let’s start with the ones I like on Android and Apple they sum down to Flipboard and Pulse.
So Flipboard is not going to be on WP8 in the near future and Pulse pulled it’s app out to prepare for WP8…. (Still waiting)
Anyhow Weave is your answer for RSS reader
Price – Fee or Paid ($9.99 expensive)but the free version works like a charm as well
A few Screen Shots
This is by far my favorite new reader application.
Both on my iPad and on my Android device.
And the best thing it’s 100% free!!
Meet Pulse. A beautiful application that makes reading news fun and engaging. Pulse takes your favorite news websites and blogs and transforms them into a colorful and interactive mosaic. Tap on a news article to see a clean and elegant view of the story. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is as easy as two taps.
NYTimes: Pulse Reader scales the charts
WSJ: Read all about it as Pulse app arrives
CNN: With surprise boost, Pulse reader is a hit
Fortune: Pulse News, the new king of apps
TechCrunch: Pulse becomes the best way to browse Facebook
– NEW! Facebook Feed: Now you can visualize your news feeds and your own wall visually, right inside Pulse. Not only that, the Facebook news feed comes preloaded with the app!
– Dashboard: With the dashboard layout, you can continue to browse news stories as you read an article.
– Offline sync: No internet? No problem. Pulse loads the news stories you read, and makes it available wherever you are.
– Easy share: Found an interesting news article? Sharing a news story on Pulse via email, facebook, twitter and other services is as easy as 2 taps.
– News discovery: Pulse features new publishers every Friday. You can also search for a news source by simple keywords.
– Stay up to date: Want to read the latest news as soon as its published? With a single tap, you can refresh all your news sources instantly without ever leaving the application.
– Integration with Google Reader: Import all your RSS feeds from Google Reader into Pulse easily. Pulse is one of the best RSS reader in the market.
So let’s start with we have an APP on the market for this site.
I must mention that I found this app through MobilityFreak.Co.Il (Great Mobil News site in Hebrew)
Link to the app (app brain)
So now the how? very simple very easy and the idea is to stream your RSS feed into a mobile based content.
They are planning to release an iPhone version but I don’t know when or how easy it will be.
The service is FREE but please consider donations (as it’s free and a great service!)
Feed.nu makes it possible!
- No programming skills needed
- Instantly available
Follow this 5 simple steps and you are good to go.
- Register an account
- Log in and enter your feed in Feed settings
- You may want to upload your own custom images and change colors under Appearance (optional)
- Generate your own android app by clicking Android and then generate, wait a minute or two and then download your APK file.
- Upload your APK to Android Market
As for the Android Market, you will need to register as a Developer ($25 one time fee)
And then upload your APK (I will have a different post about this)
Here is a screen shot from the app